Our client in the manufacturing industry is looking for a Cost Accountant to join their team in Ventura County.
- Develop and maintain standard costs
- Preform daily review of work orders to insure accuracy and completeness of entries
- Run jobs needed to complete work order processing.
- Prepare and review general ledger
- Prepare financial reports and commentary monthly
- Assist with account analysis as required.
- Assist the plant manager to develop annual budget and supporting schedules
- Prepare, review and confirmation of PO’s, review of weekly labor invoices
- Prepare labor contractor summary report, and review / coding of non-PO invoices
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite, including strong Excel and ERP system skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and organization skills
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Able to communicate with professionals at all levels
- Able to work independently and take initiative
- Able to work on multiple projects with accuracy and efficiency, while keeping to deadlines
- Able to adapt to changing priorities
- A team player
- Strong work ethic
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting or related field and a minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience