Our client in the manufacturing industry is looking for a Staff Accountant to join their team in the San Fernando Valley
- Prepare the month-end closing process
- Help maintain detailed reconciliations of all balance sheet accounts.
- Perform general account analyses and reconciliations.
- Assist with bank reconciliations, fixed assets, accruals, and prepaid expenses
- Produce daily flash report
- Assist with payroll by ensuring accurate records are kept for employee time and attendance.
- Produce leave requests and computes employees’ time worked
- Follows up with managers to ensure timecards are approved weekly prior to payroll processing.
- Assist in year-end audit processes
- Perform additional duties
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite, including strong Excel skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and organization skills
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Able to communicate complex information to a variety of audiences
- Able to work both independently and collaborate as part of a team
- Able to work on multiple projects with accuracy and efficiency, while keeping to deadlines
- Able to adapt to changing priorities
- Strong work ethic
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field and a minimum of 2 years’ relevant experience