On Jan. 31, more than 700 professionals attended this year’s Orange County Business Journal CFO of the Year Awards held at Hotel Irvine. The well-attended event is a highlight for the Orange County business community, which recognizes senior financial executives who’ve demonstrated excellence in their roles as corporate stewards.
Century Group sponsored the OC CFO of the Year Awards for the 7th year — viewing the reception as an opportunity to mingle with the community its serves and helps set the tone for the rest of the year.
“It’s a great platform to share insights from different industries, market trends, geo-political influence on our respective businesses and building new relationships,” says Barnaby Wang, Managing Director of Century Group’s Orange County office. “Our guests seem to enjoy the opportunity to step away from their busy schedule to rub elbows with their colleagues.”
Fourty-seven of OC’s finest made up 2019’s class of nominees, and exhibited the ethical behavior and guiding principles necessary to drive the success of their companies. But five stood out among their peers:
- Outstanding CFO of a Public Company – Mike Henry, Tilly’s
- Outstanding CFO of a Private Company – Allan Dicks, Montrose Environmental Group, Inc.
- Outstanding CFO of a Not-for-Profit Organization – Guita Sharifi, Radiant Health Centers
- Corporate Controller of the Year – Phil Carter, Skyworks Solutions, Inc.
- Rising Star – David Sunderland, Emerald Expositions
Century Group congratulates all of this year’s winners and nominees, and is proud to be apart of an event that celebrates Orange County’s leading financial talent. “The tone at the top really sets the tone for a company’s success, culture and employee morale,” Wang says. “Meeting these finance leaders helps us deliver better matches.”