Last modified: May 3, 2021
This Policy applies to information we collect in connection with our Direct-Hire Recruitment Services, Temporary Staffing Services, and Products (collectively, the “Services”). This Policy also covers information collected:
- On this Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website or that link to this Policy.
- Through our social media pages to which this Website links (collectively, our “Social Media Pages”).
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
- From you by other means, including, for example, information we collect from in-person discussions, telephone conversations, and through various non-electronic communications with you.
We encourage you to read this Policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. In the event you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
Personal Information We Collect About You
When using our Website or when interacting with us and our staff, we may collect information that identifies you as an individual or relates to an identifiable individual (“Personal Information”). We collect Personal Information to provide Services to you, our clients, and to operate our business. The types of Personal Information we collect depends on the circumstances, but may include:
- Your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, or any other contact information.
- Your preferred methods of communication.
- Your responses to surveys and questionnaires.
In the course of providing our Direct-Hire Recruitment and Temporary Staffing Services, we may collect the following additional types of information about you as a potential candidate: name, address, telephone number, email address, resume information (employment history, education, professional credentials, memberships in professional organizations, etc.), job search criteria and preferences, birth date, citizenship, information from former employers and other references, and additional information to the extent we have acquired or you have provided us with such information. We also may use photos of you that you provide to us or that you make publicly available on the Internet (e.g., on LinkedIn). To the extent permitted by applicable laws, we may obtain background verification information about you. Where permitted by law, we may collect compensation and benefits information about you. For more detail regarding the information we collect from job applicants and employees, please see our Notice at Collection for Employees and Applicants.
Sometimes we ask for sensitive Personal Information about you where appropriate and necessary for a lawful purpose. For example, we may ask demographic questions about your gender, age, race, or country of origin to ensure that our Services adhere to legal requirements, such as equal opportunity laws. Except in these limited cases, we encourage you not to provide any other sensitive Personal Information to us.
If you do not agree with this Policy, please do not provide us with any of your Personal Information.
Ways We Collect Your Personal Information
There are a variety of ways we may collect your information. For instance, we collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us, by registering to use our Website or for our Services, submitting a resume, responding to employment opportunities, completing online surveys or questionnaires, providing personal information about yourself to our Recruiters, contacting us via email, electronic forms, telephone or postal mail, subscribing to our email or marketing communications, or requesting further Services.
- From our clients to whom we provide Services.
- From other third party sources, including from referrals, networking activities, public databases, business partners, marketing partners, licensed databases, social media platforms, and background verification providers to the extent permitted by law.
Other Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically does not include Personal Information, but we may maintain it or associate it with Personal Information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, in several ways, as summarized below.
- To operate our business.
- To render Services to you and our clients. We do this to fulfill any contractual relationships we have with you and our clients and where we have a legitimate, beneficial interest in using Personal Information to conduct our business.
- To provide you with information that you request from us.
- To establish and maintain communications.
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
In providing our Direct Hire Recruitment and Temporary Staffing Services, we may use Personal Information that we have collected to create a profile about you. We may use this profile to help identify professional opportunities that we believe may be of interest to you. We may contact you on occasion regarding these opportunities. We also may contact you from time to time to seek referrals or to solicit names of, or additional Personal Information regarding, potential candidates in connection with our Services.
You can object at any time to our use of your Personal Information to create a profile. If you object, we will remove your profile from our database, but this also will mean that you will not be considered for opportunities in the future. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
In providing our Direct Hire Recruitment and Temporary Staffing Services, we also may use your Personal Information to confirm references and conduct background checks, as appropriate. We may use your Personal Information to aggregate and disclose diversity and other statistical information regarding our candidates and placements. We do so manage our contractual relationship with you, with your consent, or because we have a legitimate business interest.
We may use your Personal Information to respond to inquiries or other requests from you, to verify your information, and to send you marketing materials or share information with you. When you contact us, we keep a record of your contact information and correspondence and we use the contents of your message to respond to your inquiry. We also may use your Personal Information to send you important information regarding our products and Services, our Website, changes to our terms, conditions, policies, or other administrative information.
We may use your Personal Information to operate our business, such as for purposes of responding to audits, for internal communications regarding candidates and clients, to assess the effectiveness of our promotional activities, to render our Services, for financial transactions, and to comply with applicable legal obligations, court orders, legal proceedings, document requests, industry standards, and our policies.
We sometimes use Personal Information to conduct analytics, for research, publication, or benchmarking purposes. Any published product will refer only to aggregations of individuals or statistics and will not identify you personally or include any information attributable to you.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. These third-party services may include, but are not limited to, website hosting and IT consulting services, document management and storage providers, data analytics, background check providers, resume verification services, payroll services, employee benefits providers, marketing services, public relations services, attorneys, accountants, and other administrative, back-up, and security services.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Company about our users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
While providing our Direct Hire Recruitment and Temporary Staffing Services, we may disclose your Personal Information to clients who have engaged our services with your consent. Please note that we will not share your Personal Information with any clients without your consent as to each client.
We may also disclose your Personal Information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers, or others. This may include exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We cannot and do not assume any responsibility for the actions or omissions of any third parties, such as our clients, including for the way they use Personal Information received from us or from other independent sources.
For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
Your provision of Personal Information to us is voluntary; however, you may not be able to participate in our Services if you choose not to provide your Personal Information.
We strive to give you options regarding the Personal Information you choose to provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your email address/contact information used by the Company to promote our products or services, you can opt-out at any time by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may use the links provided in the email to update your preferences or unsubscribe. This opt out does not apply to information that you provide to the Company in connection with our rendering requested Services to you.
- Our Policy on “Do Not Track” Signals. “Do Not Track” is a privacy preference that you can set in your Internet search browser that sends a signal to a website that you do not want the website operator to track certain browsing information about you. Our Website, however, is not configured to respond to Do Not Track requests.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. These third parties, however, may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI“) on the NAI’s website.
California residents may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see Your California Privacy Rights for more information.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You may send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your profile with us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
California residents may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see Your California Privacy Rights for more information.
The security of your information is important to us. We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security
measures contained on the Website.
Our Website is not intended for children under 16 years of age. No one under age 16 may provide any personal information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information on this Website or through any of its features, register on the Website, submit your resume or any application for employment, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
California residents under 16 years of age may have additional rights regarding the collection and sale of their personal information. Please see Your California Privacy Rights for more information.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information, as summarized below.
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits California residents who provide Personal Information to a business to request and obtain certain information regarding the disclosure of their Personal Information by the business to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. We do not share any Personal Information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), California consumers have the following rights, subject to conditions and limitations contained in the CCPA:
- The right to request, at no charge, that we disclose to you the categories and specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected in the prior 12 months;
- The right to request that we disclose certain information about how we have handled your Personal Information in the prior 12 months, including the categories of Personal Information collected about you, categories of sources from which we collected your Personal Information, business purposes for collecting and sharing your Personal Information, and categories of third parties with whom your Personal Information has been shared, and the specific pieces of Personal Information collected about you.
- You have the right to obtain a list of categories and a copy of the Personal Information, in a portable and (if technically feasible) readily usable format, collected on you covering the 12-month period preceding the request.
- Subject to certain conditions and limitations, you have the right to request the deletion of your Personal Information we have collected from you.
- You have the right to be free from discrimination for exercising your rights under the CCPA.
To exercise California privacy rights, we may need to verify your identity, your authority to make the request, confirm that the Personal Information relates to you, and that you are otherwise legally eligible to exercise such rights. To facilitate this, we may ask you to supply information that we previously have collected about you.
You may exercise your California rights by either:
- Calling us toll-free at: 1-800-337-9675
- Emailing us at: email@example.com.
- Mailing us at the address in the “Contact Us” section below.
Our Website is controlled and operated by us from the United States and is not intended to subject us to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country or territory other than that of the United States.
Century Group International, LLC
222 Pacific Coast Highway, Suite 2150
El Segundo, CA 90245